Conference "Trading Zones in Technological Societies"
University of Liège's SPIRAL Research Centre celebrates it's 20th anniversary with an academic conference on "Trading Zones in Technological Societies".
Itself a "hybrid space between risk research, science and technology studies and public policy", the centre takes on the theme of trading zones to look into new technological developments and the societal spaces that can be created for dealing with them. The organisers welcome papers and posters on one of the subthemes
- genomics and public health,
- safety and nuclear energy, and
- governance of the knowledge societies.
Keynote talks will be offered by
- Sheila Jasanoff (Harvard),
- Andrew Stirling (Sussex),
- Pierre-Benoît Joly (IFRIS/Paris), and
- Arie Rip (Twente).
For more information and abstract submission (deadline: 30th April 2015) see the conference website: http://events.ulg.ac.be/trading-zones/