8th annual S.Net meeting: The Co-Production of Emerging Bodies, Politics and Technologies
The 8th annual S.Net meeting will take place in Bergen, Norway under the heading "The Co-Production of Emerging Bodies, Politics and Technologies". It will focus - though not exclusively - on the various meanings of the “politics of new and emerging technologies”, addressing questions such as:
- How do emerging technologies such as nanotechnology, synthetic biology or ICTs shape institutions, citizen organizations and other political agencies?
- And, vice versa; how are these emerging technologies shaped by politics?
- In what new ways are the bodies of citizens’ subjected to technological intervention and what are the political effects of such interventions?
- What new forms of politics can be seen to emerge together with technological emergence?
S.Net 2016 is organized around the following themes:
- Innovation policies, imaginaries and practices
- Narratives and imaginaries of emerging and future technologies
- Public engagement, citizenship and emerging forms of expertise
- Politics in the era of emerging technologies
- Safety and security
- Emerging technologies and human nature
- Cancer: Emerging technologies, bodies and politics
Keynotes will be delivered by Sheila Jasanoff, Silvio Funtowicz and Joseph Dumit.